TERMS FOR PASSENGERS TRAVELLING ON THE METRO
Article 8. (1) Passenger transportation by public transport is performed for a valid transport pass.
(2) Any valid metro pass is considered a legal agreement between the carrier and the passenger for the corresponding trip.
Article 9. (1) Passengers with valid metro pass are entitled insurance protection from “Public transportation accidents”.
Article 10. (1) A single ride ticket or an electronic card is a valid transport document when:
- validated by the electronic barriers at the metro entrances. The single ride ticket can be used to enter the metro up to 30 minutes after the time it was originally issued.
- the trip is charged from the 10 ride electronic metro card at the electronic barriers located at the metro entrances;
Article 13. (1) Any passenger holding a valid metro pass is entitled to bring:
- Free of charge - up to 2 carry on items;
- Free of charge - a baby carriage with a child or a wheelchair for passengers with disabilities;
- Carriages or wheelchairs that are not occupied require charging of a single ride ticket for ground transport / single prevalidated paper card for ground transport; single prevalidated paper card for metro, issued by a cashier at the cash desk in the metro station or by a ticket machine in the metro station.
- Free of charge – bicycle - at places in the passenger compartment of the vehicle which are designated and technically secured, when the bicycle does not contaminate the interior and does leave enough space for the passengers, under the conditions of item 2, and in the following cases: a) in the last carriage of a metro train on weekdays until 07.00 a.m. and after 8:00 p.m., and on weekends and holidays - all day.
- Pet - if it does not cause a danger of injury and does not pose a threat to other passengers; and if it is not placed on the vehicle seats:
a) free of charge – a cat, a dog or other small mammal placed inside a appropriate box or carrying case;
b) a dog, registered in accordance with the Ordinance of acquiring, owning and breeding of pets (dogs and cats) on the territory of Sofia Municipality under the following conditions:
c) having a valid transport document for the pet – a single ride ticket for ground transport / single prevalidated paper card for ground transport; single prevalidated paper card for metro, issued by a cashier at the cash desk in the metro station or by a ticket machine in the metro station. - the dog owner should carry the dog’s registration papers;
- Free of charge - skis with poles placed in a ski bag, a snowboard, a skateboard, a snowboard sled, an individual electric vehicle with no more than two wheels when folded or a child's bicycle with auxiliary wheels, provided that they do not cause inconvenience to other passengers.
Art. 18. (1) When traveling by the public transport vehicles passengers are obliged to follow the provisions of this ordinance, as well as the following:
- hold a regular transport document during the trip and when alighting in the area of the ground transport station or in the metro station;
- provide their transport document to the control officers for verification; passengers who have personalized electronic cards need to show their identity document on request;
- in the case of an established violation and refusal to purchase a single ride ticket sold by the control officer, the passenger shall leave the vehicle at the next stop and provide the control officers with an identity card/passport in order to have an administrative violation act drawn up by the officers.
(2). The following persons or items will not be allowed on any public transportation:
1) persons who may compromise the safety and health of the other passengers or persons who breach article 19;
2) persons under the influence of alcohol or other intoxicating substances;
3) persons in unhygienic appearance and/or suffering from contagious diseases;
4) objects that may damage or contaminate the vehicle;
5) flammable, explosive, toxic substances and other items that may compromise the safety of other passengers or the driver;
6) items which are considered illegal to possess and transport by law;
7) items which cause discomfort for the other passengers due to their extreme size or hazardous nature;
8) any live animals and birds, unless they are police dogs, guide dogs of blind people, dogs in training to guide blind people or pets, unless they apply to Article 13, Par. 1, item 5 of this Ordinance.
Article 19. The passengers of the public transport are not allowed to:
- Board or alight any public vehicle when the vehicle is still moving as well as before full opening of the doors or after the signal, warning of the closing doors and the departure of the vehicle;
- Litter inside the public transportation area or cause any other disturbances;
- Cause damage to the vehicle, the ticket machines or the electronic ticket reader stations (validators);
- Conduct actions that compromise the safety of the transportation process and that may endanger any other passengers;
- Beg for money, collect donations or conduct any commercial, marketing, or propagandistic activity;
- Smoke (including electronic cigarettes), eat or drink alcoholic beverages inside the vehicles or the metro stations;
- Give someone the use of their transportation pass or leave it in the vehicle;
- Walk under or jump over the turnstiles inside the metro stations without a valid transportation pass;
- Step over the safety line at the edges of the train platform except when boarding or leaving the train;
- Descent onto the rail tracks inside the metro tunnels and tram tracks or trespass on any other restricted areas;
- Enter a metro station when it is temporary closed to passengers;
Article 34. At the time of purchase of the transportation pass, the customer has the right to report and dispute any invalid information printed on the travel pass or any error that occurred during the financial transaction, such as the return of inexact change.